Your kitchen is easily the most important section of your house. Compared to other rooms in your house, it is accessed the most. When it comes to your house’s value, the kitchen’s overall structure and interior play a critical role in estimating or projecting its cost. Hence, it is necessary to keep it in tip-top condition to improve your house’s value and add grace to it.
Now, the crucial questions that need to be answered here are how much kitchen remodeling cost, how to plan a kitchen remodel, and how to choose a good kitchen remodeler. To be honest, the answer to this question is tricky as there are numerous factors to consider. Let’s move ahead and find out how to remodel your kitchen.
Why Should You Invest in a Kitchen Remodel or Kitchen Renovation?
Kitchen remodels, or kitchen renovation is not a matter of choice. After a fixed time, updating your kitchen cabinets, non-functional or broken appliances, storage space, plumbing, or gas lines becomes necessary. Here are some reasons to invest in kitchen remodeling projects.
Boosts Home Value
One of the primary reasons for a kitchen remodeling project is the boost in home value. Renovating your kitchen can lead to a boost in home value. You can recover around 60% to 70% of the amount spent on kitchen remodeling. Hence, with kitchen remodeling, you save money too.
Upgrade the Functionality
Kitchen designs and device functionality change with time. Therefore, it is necessary to invest in kitchen remodels like replacing existing cabinets with custom cabinets, new countertops, energy efficient appliances, light fixtures, and more.
A great kitchen remodel is useless if it does not improve the appearance and aesthetics of the house’s interior. New cabinets, countertops, and flooring can transform the look of your kitchen and give it a fresh, modern look.
The comfort level of your kitchen is also a necessary factor in planning the renovation process. When redesigning the kitchen, you can add new and comfortable furniture along with an island and a breakfast bar.
The safety of the kitchen is also a critical aspect that needs to be analyzed and improved. Aspects like gas lines, electrical wiring, etc., must be rewired to boost safety. Further, the use of energy efficient kitchen appliances can also lead to low energy bills.
The Process of Kitchen Remodeling!
The process of kitchen remodeling involves the following!
- Estimating the average kitchen remodel cost: Whether it is a minor kitchen remodel or a major one, the first step to kitchen remodeling is the kitchen remodel budget estimation. Based on the size of your kitchen, type of remodeling, scope, and the services opted for, the kitchen remodeling costs or the kitchen renovation budget may vary from over $20,000 to over $70,000. If we talk about the cost per square foot, it varies between $150 to $250.
- Formulate a layout: Along with finalizing the kitchen renovation costs, the layout of the kitchen also needs proper analysis. The layout is the factor that also needs to change with time, including the placement of a fridge, sink, stove, etc. Further, you should also consider cabinet hardware, lights, island, appliances, and other fixtures while planning a layout for your dream kitchen.
- Decide on a style and choose materials: KItchen styles are of various types, and the materials required vary based on that. You can choose from modern kitchen styles, French styles, Country styles, Bohemian styles, and more. Further, you can choose materials for the look and feel, such as plastic, fabric, acrylic, wood, metal, etc. Make sure you loop in kitchen fixtures while deciding on the materials.
- Hire a contractor: To get a well-furnished kitchen, you require a professional contractor to undertake the task. However, it can become tough to choose one as there are many of them in your locality. Keep factors like experience, professional license, trustworthy references, and insurance in mind while choosing a contractor.
- Begin the remodeling process: It’s time to restart the remodeling process. First of all, you need to get rid of all the things in the kitchen. You need to pack the things and set them up in a temporary place. Make sure you carefully preserve the tile floors and furniture that you want to reuse in the kitchen.
- Keep a tab on the work: Keep timely communication with the general contractor and make sure there are no issues in the work.
How Much Time is Required for Kitchen Remodeling?
There are numerous factors that affect the time required to remodel or renovate your kitchen. First of all, the size of the kitchen matters. Further, the type of appliances, electrical fittings, plumbing, personal preferences, and many other factors affect the time to remodel the kitchen.
Ideally, it can take anywhere between 3 weeks to 4 months to remodel a kitchen.
The process of kitchen remodeling is not that tough if you have everything planned. However, there are some things that need close attention. Keep the design minimalistic, analyze the kitchen remodel cost, and work with a professional contractor to get your dream kitchen.
If you looking for the best kitchen remodeling near Elkins Park, PA, you can rely on 215Mercury. Their professionals are regarded as one of the best kitchen remodelers in the PA region. You can get a free 3D rendering for your kitchen before the project.